Thursday, July 9, 2009

Waiting for my Twinkie

My sister and I were arch nemesisisisis for years. Twenty one years to be exact. I'm not quite sure what started the sibling feud, but I have a feeling it had something to do with my sister wanting to follow me around like a puppy, and the fact that I was pure evil as a child. I was so adorable and unassuming. Only Krista knew the real Shawna behind the big brown eyes that captivated any audience. Only Krista knew the damage my beautiful batting eyelashes were capable of. I would volunteer to babysit her to get brownie points from our parents and as soon as the latch on the door would catch on their way out I would find any reason and any means to torture my poor sister. I have tied her to our mailbox and left her out there to be discovered by our mother hours later, I hid hot chilis in her churros and once, and I am not proud of this in any way, I went as far as dropping a radio on her face to stop her from tattling on me. It didn't work too well.
Anyway, all this evil aside, we have managed to become really close over the last seven years and have talked via phone or text every minute on the minute since we made nice. She's planning on moving to Fresno with me next month and the suspense is killing me! I can't wait until she makes it here so I can hang out with my best friend, my bestie if you will. My twinkie.

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to read about your adventures with your sister. My brother and me were like night and day in our life outlooks and as children we had a tough time but I'd give anything for and to my brother, and he's one of my best friends. Glad you got internet back!

    ReplyDelete

Business in the front, party in the back.